Robert J. McGrath is President of McGrath Psychological Services, an international consulting practice. For over 30 years, Bob has specialized in preventing sexual abuse through his work assessing, treating, and conducting research on individuals who have committed sexual offenses. He provides training, consulting, program evaluation, and research services.
- In a new online training sponsored by ATSA and GIFR, Bob teaches an 8-hour CEU class entitled Evidenced-Based Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Adult Sexual Offender Treatment.
- In live 8-hour GIFR webinars, Bob will teach how to score and use the Sex Offender Treatment and Intervention and Progress Scale (SOTIPS) and the Vermont Assessment of Sex Offender Risk 2 (VASOR-2). For information, click on SOTIPS or VASOR-2.
- The 2017 Vermont Best Practices Manual: Assessment, Treatment, and Risk Management with Individuals with Developmental Disabilities and Problematic Sexual Behaviors is now available.
- The report, A Five-Level Risk and Needs System: Maximizing Assessment Results in Corrections through the Development of a Common Language, is now available.
- The CAMH Sexual Behaviors Clinic, Toronto, Canada and Arizona ATSA recently sponsored Bob’s one-day workshop on using the ROSAC guidelines for assessing the risk a sexual abuser poses to a child and making child contact decisions.
- Through 2017, the U.S. Department of Justice and the SMART Office are funding a project to implement the Sex Offender Treatment Intervention and Progress Scale (SOTIPS) in over a dozen states.